If you’ve always wanted straight teeth but have been delaying orthodontic treatment due to the hassles, discomfort, and unsightliness of traditional metal braces, then you might want to consider Invisalign® clear braces as an alternative. Invisalign allows you to gradually straighten your teeth using a series of removable clear plastic aligners that are virtually invisible to others.
If you would like to eliminate alignment problems with your bite while restoring a beautiful smile, Invisalign may be the right option for you. Please call 877-792-7979 today to schedule your consultation at our Hoboken cosmetic dentistry office.
Am I a Candidate for Invisalign?
In general, most candidates for traditional metal braces are also good candidates for Invisalign. The procedure is proven to be highly effective at treating mild to moderate alignment issues such as:
- Crowded teeth
- Unevenly spaced teeth
Invisalign is only recommended for adults and teenagers whose mouths have finished developing. If you have severe bite abnormalities which require the use of headgear, you may not be a suitable candidate for Invisalign.
Benefits of Invisalign
There are many benefits to choosing Invisalign for your orthodontic treatment, including:
- Removable – You can take out your aligners when eating and brushing your teeth, improving your oral hygiene and enabling you to eat all your favorite foods.
- Comfortable – The smooth, form-fitting Invisalign aligners will not irritate your mouth like the sharp metal brackets and wires used with braces. Invisalign also eliminates the painful tightening sessions associated with braces.
- Invisible – Your clear plastic aligners will not be noticed by others.
- Customized treatment – Your aligners will be custom-made to address your unique orthodontic issues.
- Fewer dentist visits – Since there are no brackets and wires to be tightened, you will have fewer visits to our Hoboken cosmetic dentistry office during your treatment.
For more information, see Traditional Orthodontics vs. Invisalign®
Your Invisalign Procedure
Hoboken cosmetic dentist Dr. Frank DePaola will use 3D computer imaging technology to take an impression of your bite. This impression is then sent to the Invisalign lab for use in the construction of your customized aligners.
You will wear each aligner in the series for approximately two weeks. During that time, the aligner will gradually shift your teeth to their desired position. You will continue moving through each aligner in the series every two weeks until your treatment is complete and you have straight, beautiful teeth.
For maximum effectiveness, you will need to wear your Invisalign aligners approximately 20-22 hours a day. You can remove them for eating and brushing your teeth, but you should keep them in your mouth for the rest of the day, including while you are sleeping.
We encourage you to read our Questions about Invisalign page for additional information on this procedure.
Please contact The Practice at Maxwell Place using the form at the right side of the page or call (877) 792-7979 today to schedule your initial Invisalign consultation. Dr. Frank DePaola serves patients in Hoboken, Jersey City, and throughout Hudson County, New Jersey.