Dental implants are the most effective way to replace missing teeth. Your dental implant restoration will replace both the missing tooth and missing root, offering you the best of both worlds – oral health benefits that restore your ability to chew and bite properly as well as aesthetic benefits that restore a beautiful smile.
The oral health risks associated with tooth loss are too serious to delay treatment. If you need to replace a missing tooth, please call 877-792-7979 today to schedule a consultation with our Hoboken implant dentists.
See Benefits of Dental Implants for more information.
What are Dental Implants?
Dental implants are small titanium screws which get inserted into your jawbone to replace your missing tooth root. They are attached to a titanium post, called an abutment, which will house your new prosthetic tooth, made out of a dental crown.
Depending on your needs, dental implants can be used to replace one missing tooth, or they can be used to attach to dentures for additional support when replacing multiple teeth. During your consultation, Dr. Frank DePaola will review all of these options with you in detail.
Benefits of Dental Implants
There are many advantages to choosing dental implants over alternatives such as dentures or dental bridges. Some of these benefits include:
- Improved comfort – Dental implants fuse with your jawbone, making them a permanent restoration. This eliminates much of the discomfort associated with removable dentures.
- Improved appearance – Your dental implants will look and feel like your natural teeth, blending in seamlessly with your smile.
- Improved eating ability – You will be able to eat all of your favorite foods without concern.
- Improved speech – Dentures often slip, causing difficulty speaking. Dental implants eliminate this embarrassing issue, making it easy to pronounce words clearly.
- Improved oral health – Your adjacent remaining teeth will not need to be altered to support the implant as is necessary with dental bridges or dentures, improving your long term oral health. Dental implants also prevent the jawbone from shrinking, preserving more of your natural bone structure.
- Durability – With proper care, your dental implants can last for the rest of your life.
- Convenience – The permanent nature of dental implants eliminates the hassles associated with removing your dentures for cleaning.
Why Choose The Practice at Maxwell Place?
We use the latest 3D technology and the utilize the latest innovations to stay at the forefront of implant therapy. The 3D technology allows for virtual placement prior to surgery aiding in both the size and position of the implant prior to placement. While the implant systems we use, provide for a long-lasting, successful and cosmetic implant restorative. Dr. Frank DePaola and Dr. Michael McCleaster work with their Oral Surgeon, Dr. Sherrill Fay, in providing ideal implant dentistry to their patients.
Please contact The Practice at Maxwell Place using the form at the right side of the page or call (877) 792-7979 today to schedule your initial dental implant consultation. Dr. Frank DePaola serves patients from Jersey City, Hoboken and Hudson County, New Jersey.