Do you have healthy teeth but a smile marred by stains, discolorations, chips or cracks? Porcelain veneers, also called dental veneers, could be an ideal solution for Hoboken, New Jersey patients looking to brighten their smile.
Before getting porcelain veneers, it’s important to understand who can best benefit from the procedure. Ideal candidates will:
- Practice good oral hygiene prior to considering dental veneers: Before bonding veneers to the teeth, your dentist will have to remove a small amount of enamel, which could increase sensitivity and expose fillings
- Be free of gum disease and active infections
- Not grind or clench teeth: Though durable, porcelain veneers can wear over time
During the porcelain veneers procedure, your dentist will bond thin ceramic shells to your teeth. Dental veneers are suitable treatments for a range of aesthetic issues affecting teeth, including:
- Teeth with chips, cracks and other signs of age or wear
- Discolored or stained teeth
- Teeth that are crooked, misshaped or gapped or poorly spaced
Please contact The Practice at Maxwell Place today to schedule your initial porcelain veneers consultation. Dr. Frank DePaola serves patients in Hoboken and Jersey City, New Jersey.