At our Hoboken office, we have a pediatric specialist on staff and encourage parents to schedule your child’s first visit around their first birthday. Your child’s oral health is important to their overall health. Introducing them to a family dentistry practice early on will help to establish good dental hygiene habits that will help them maintain their oral health throughout life.
A surprising number of young children are developing cavities early in life. A recent national studies shows that for preschool-aged children more than 1 in 4 had cavities. Our family dentistry practice can help you keep your child’s oral health in check. While your child is very young, we can discuss:
- How to care properly for a toddler’s developing teeth
- What the proper use of fluoride is for children
- How habits like finger and thumb sucking can influence tooth development
- What milestones to be aware of in tooth development
- How to manage diet and dental hygiene for best oral health
We believe in developing personalized relationships with each of our patients, and it’s never too soon to start.