If you're missing teeth, then you should get evaluated by a dental professional as soon as possible. While there are certainly cosmetic differences that impact your smile, the more important issue associated with missing teeth is that they increase your risk of dental health complications. For this reason, it’s crucial that you replace missing teeth in a timely manner.
Dental implants are the most effective tooth replacement option available. The best way to find out if you're a dental implant candidate is to get evaluated by our Hoboken dentists.
There are a number of factors Dr. Frank will examine when considering if you're a good candidate for dental implants. Ideal candidates:
- Are in good overall health.
- Have healthy teeth and gums.
- Have enough jawbone density to accommodate a dental implant.
- Are willing to commit to the lengthy process associated with dental implant placement.
In addition, there are some factors which may make you a poor candidate for an implant procedure. These include:
- Smoking because it can hurt dental health. Alcohol and substance abuse may also be harmful to overall dental health.
- Grinding your teeth.
- If you are pregnant.
- If you are suffering from a chronic disease.
- If you have received a high dosage of radiation to the head or neck.
- If you're on steroids or a drug which suppresses the immune system.
Keep in mind that these negative factors don’t necessarily eliminate you from dental implant candidacy so you should still speak to Dr. Frank if one or more of these pertain to you. Dental implants have many benefits, and Dr. Frank will typically recommend this option for all patients who meet the candidacy criteria.
If you're in the Hoboken area and would like to speak with a professional about your missing teeth, please contact The Practice at Maxwell Place using the form on this page or call 201-792-9400 today to schedule a consultation.