Posted: April 3, 2015
Australian-born pop star Iggy Azalea has recently been diagnosed with temporomandibular joint disorder (TMJ), a painful condition that occurs when your jaw becomes misaligned. She has been experiencing pain in her jaw and facial muscles due to the condition.
Azalea believes that stress was a main causal factor in her developing TMJ, and she's currently working hard to reduce the stress levels in her life.
While we never like to see anyone suffer from painful TMJ symptoms, having a high profile pop star such as Azalea speak out about experiencing TMJ pain will definitely raise awareness about the condition. Hopefully others who are experiencing similar symptoms may now understand that the best way to seek relief is to visit their dentist.
Dr. Frank offers a wide range of TMJ treatment options, including:
- ComfortGuard removable device worn at night
- Full-time removable neuromuscular orthotic device worn all day and night except when eating
- Fixed orthotic device that remains in your mouth 24 hours a day
- Orthodontic treatment options to restore a proper bite alignment
- Dental restorations to restore a proper bite alignment
- DNA Expansion Orthodontic Therapy
During your TMJ consultation, Dr. Frank will evaluate the alignment of your bite and use state-of-the-art diagnostic tools to determine your jaw's ideal resting position. He will then devise a customized treatment plan to help alleviate your condition.
Please contact the Practice at Maxwell Place using the form at the right side of the page or call 201-792-9400 today to schedule your TMJ consultation. We serve patients in Hoboken, Jersey City, and throughout Hudson County, New Jersey.