There are many uses for dental crowns, making them one of the most versatile restorations offered at our Hoboken cosmetic dentistry office. Dr. Frank can place your dental crown in two office visits, and it can last for many years when properly cared for.
Dental crowns are common restorations that cover the visible area of a tooth to repair damage or improve the appearance of the tooth. While they can be made of different materials, Dr. Frank uses only porcelain crowns because they provide the best aesthetic results with great durability.
When a tooth is damaged, dental crowns can be used to:
- Protect a weak tooth from breaking or hold together parts of a cracked tooth
- Restore strength to a decayed tooth
- Repair a broken, chipped, or worn tooth
- Support a tooth with a large dental filling that has compromised the structure of the tooth
- Support a dental bridge
In some situations, a dental crown is used in cosmetic dentistry to:
- Improve the appearance of an irregularly shaped tooth
- Cover a severely stained or discolored tooth
- Act as a prosthetic tooth for a dental implant
If you are considering a porcelain dental crown, please contact The Practice at Maxwell Place using the form at the right side of the page or call 201-792-9400 today. Dr. Frank DePaola serves patients in Hoboken, Jersey City, and throughout Hudson County, New Jersey.