Posted: May 12, 2015
You have many options when it comes to getting a beautiful, bright smile. With so many teeth whitening products to choose from, it can be difficult to know where to start. There are many factors to consider if you are thinking about whitening your teeth, including cost, effectiveness and your own specific needs.
Over-the-counter teeth whitening products are often inexpensive, and they are convenient to use and obtain. There are several types available:
- Whitening rinses are easy to use, but they are designed to brighten gradually, and improvement may be hard to notice. They can be a good way to maintain your smile once you have whitened another way.
- Whitening toothpastes often use mild abrasives to remove surface stains. For some people, this can cause sensitivity and erode enamel.
- Gel strips are applied directly to the teeth. They are usually worn for up to 2 hours for 10-20 days at a time.
- Whitening trays are filled with a whitening gel. While these seem similar to professional treatments, the trays are not customized and may rub or allow the gel to contact the gums, causing irritation.
Professional teeth whitening treatments offer several advantages compared to over-the-counter treatments. Most importantly, they allow Dr. Frank to identify issues that may affect the outcomes of your treatment, including sensitivity, existing veneers or crowns, damaged teeth, and gum inflammation.
Dr. Frank offers the following teeth whitening options for patients in the Hoboken area:
- Custom whitening trays can be designed to keep the bleaching gel on your teeth and away from your gums. Stronger solutions can be used in the office to reduce the number and duration of treatments.
- Guided Light Optics (GLO) technology combines heat and light to activate the whitening gel. This allows for great results in just one treatment using special custom trays.
- KöR Whitening Deep Bleaching™ System offers a permanent treatment that can also reduce the sensitivity problems associated with standard teeth whitening. This treatment takes three office visits to achieve the most effective whitening available.
At the Practice at Maxwell place, we can recommend a teeth whitening treatment that is right for your particular health and beauty needs. Please call 201-792-9400 today to schedule an appointment. We serve patients in Jersey City, Hoboken, and the greater Hudson County area.