What Are Instant Orthodontics?

General & Cosmetic Dentist serving Hoboken, Jersey City & Hudson County areas of New Jersey


If you are hesitant to flash your smile due to crooked teeth, you are not alone. Many people experience self-consciousness over a crooked smile. The most effective way to improve both the appearance and function of crooked teeth is to straighten them with orthodontics treatment. Unfortunately, options such as Invisalign or traditional braces can take several years to complete the treatment. If you would like to improve the appearance of your smile in a short period of time, you may want to consider porcelain veneers, also referred to as “instant orthodontics.”

Porcelain veneers are thin wafers of durable porcelain that we bond to the front surfaces of your teeth. They’re custom-fabricated to look just like natural teeth, and because they’re made just for you, the fit is perfect and the look is realistic. Porcelain veneers can address a wide range of cosmetic dental issues, including improving the appearance of crooked teeth.

Dr. Frank crafts your custom porcelain veneers from detailed impressions of your mouth. Our lab fabricates the porcelain shells, and then Dr. Frank attaches the veneers using a medical-grade bonding adhesive. The whole process only requires a couple of office visits. In a few short weeks, you have the attractive, natural smile you’ve been wanting. That’s why we call this procedure “instant orthodontics.”

Porcelain veneers offer an attractive aesthetic treatment for patients who don’t wish to undergo an extensive orthodontic process. However, it’s important to keep in mind that this procedure won’t actually straighten your teeth. It is just giving the appearance of straight teeth. In order to experience the functional benefits of straight teeth, you’ll need to undergo orthodontic treatment.

To learn more about instant orthodontics, please contact The Practice at Maxwell Place today to schedule a consultation. We serve patients in Jersey City and throughout the Hudson County area.