Posted: October 3, 2013
Porcelain veneers are often called “instant orthodontics” because of their ability to dramatically change the appearance of your smile in just a couple of office visits, masking common cosmetic dental problems and providing you with the straight, vibrant, beautiful smile you’ve always wanted.
Veneers offer a wide range of benefits for patients seeking a smile makeover, including:
- Natural look – Porcelain mimics the translucent appearance of natural tooth enamel and can be tinted to match the color of your surrounding teeth.
- Stain-resistant – Porcelain is non-porous, meaning stains cannot easily penetrate beneath the surface of the veneer. Any discoloration that does occur can usually be polished away during your next visit.
- Long-lasting – With good care, porcelain veneers can last 15 years or longer.
- Improved proportions – Teeth that are too short can be made longer and more proportionate with a carefully crafted veneer.
- Protection – Veneers can protect teeth with superficial cracks or chips, acting as a splint that reinforces their strength.
When customized and placed by an experienced cosmetic dentist like Dr. DePaola, porcelain veneers will not only improve the look of your smile, they will also create a smoother, more symmetrical arc to your bite. For all of these reasons and more, porcelain veneers have become one of the most popular and effective cosmetic dentistry procedures we perform every year.
If you have further questions about porcelain veneers, please contact Frank R. DePaola DDS & Associates, LLC or call 201-792-9400 to schedule a consultation. We serve patients throughout Hoboken, Jersey City and Hudson County.