Migraine headaches are one of the most painful, debilitating conditions that can impact your life on a regular basis. Roughly 6% of men and 17% of women suffer from migraine headaches. Depending on their severity, you may be incapacitated for several hours or several days.
While the exact cause of migraines is still uncertain, there is a growing body of evidence that they may be due to issues associated with the alignment of your jaw such as temporomandibular joint disorder (TMJ). As a result, you may be able to treat your migraines using the principles of neuromuscular dentistry.
Neuromuscular dentistry is the field of dentistry which focuses on making sure your jaw is in proper alignment. While these techniques are typically used to devise TMJ treatments, Dr. Frank DePaola has also achieved success using them to treat migraine headaches.
Dr. Frank will evaluate your bite in order to determine the cause of your misalignment as well as your jaw’s ideal resting position. Using this information, he will recommend a customized treatment plan to help alleviate the painful migraine symptoms you experience. This may include:
- DNA Expansion Orthodontic Therapy to properly reposition your teeth and improve the alignment of your bite
- Comfort guard to be worn while you sleep to relieve stress on your teeth, joints and muscles
- Fixed orthotic device that is worn all day to restore an optimal bite position
- Removable neuromuscular orthotic device that is worn all day to restore a proper bite position
- Dental restorations which improve the alignment of your bite
With so many migraine treatment options, there is no reason to live in pain any longer. Find out how Dr. Frank can help you eliminate migraines once and for all.
Please contact The Practice at Maxwell Place today to schedule your migraine headache consultation. Dr. Frank DePaola serves patients in Hoboken, Jersey City, and Hudson County, New Jersey.